Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What's your love story?


Today I am linking up with FromMrstoMama to share my love story. It is actually the perfect day as 3 years ago today, my hubby and I went on our first date, also known as Seven day to us, but more about that later. Hope you enjoy our love story and head on over to www.frommrstomama.com and link up!!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
    We have been together 3 years today!
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
    We actually first met at a church function while I was there with another guy. I sat across from Corey and the first thing he said to me was, "I'm working on my preacher's belly'. Later on that day we all headed to the beach and I guess Corey had told someone that he was gonna marry me one day. I, on the other hand, was not interested in him at all. We didn't see each other again until December, when he came to preach for my church (we lived three and a half hours from each other). My sister was actually wanting to meet him so after church I took her over to say hi. Let's just say that he was less than interested in my sis. The next day, I received a Myspace message from him asking if we could be friends and for my number. I didn't want to give it to him and ended up not responding back to him. A couple days after that I was on facebook when he messaged me and asked if I got his message on Myspace. I said yes but just hadn't responded back yet. I ended up giving him my number so we could "keep in touch" for church functions. Well that turned into us texting and talking pretty much all day and night. I guess you could say that we dated and fell in love over the phone.

On February 7, 2009, I was in my house doing laundry when Corey called me. He told me to come outside but I kept insisting that I had laundry to finish. I finally kinda caught on that he might me outside so I went outside. He came out from behind the bushes and gave me a hug. Corey had drove 3 hours just to surprise me!! It was so sweet!! He had a day planned with a movie, in which I eventually let him hold my hand, and then dinner. When we had got back from dinner we sat outside on the bed of my truck. He had brought me his blanket to keep because I was only complaining that my house was so cold. He also brought me a couple other things which added up to seven things (hence the name Seven day). Corey gave me a card explaining all Seven of the things and at the bottom he asked me to be his Valentine and I could say yes with a kiss. Yup he got a kiss out of me that night!! 

The next few months were spent with three hour drives on the weekends to visit each other and lots of talking on the phone!!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
    We will be married for 2 years on May 1st!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
   We got married at our church and had our reception at a local rec center. My grandpa officiated the wedding, which was very important to me. It was a medium size wedding I would say, with about 150 guests.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
    We have a couple. Honey, Baby, Babycakes, Sexy bear, I usually call him by his first and middle names.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
    I love that he is a man of God. I love that he can be super romantic and I love his heart and love that he has for me and Sadie.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
    His first proposal was actually in church. He had wrote on my arm with his finger, "Will you marry me?" I didn't really think he was serious at first but then I reminded he said that he would only ask me if he was serious. I kinda shook my head yes but didn't really give an answer. Later at lunch he said that he was serious and wanted an answer. I couldn't eat my lunch after that cause I was so nervous. I finally gave my answer as yes and later on that day we looked for rings online. I picked one out and we ordered it. I had to drive back home that night which was horrible.

The ring came that Friday and I made Corey drive up to my house so I could have it. We hadn't told anyone that we were engaged except for my sister. He showed up at my house and we went for walk. He kept telling me that I wasn't gonna get the ring that day and so on. When we finally made it back to my house there were rose petals all over the ground and signs saying this way and kneel here. There was blanket with rose petals and a yellow rose with the ring on it. Corey got down on one knee and said the most sweetest things and then asked me to be his wife. The rest is history!!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
   Umm well he is more of a unique gift giver but he gives me my share of flowers and chocolates.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
    It depends on the day. I love the beach and sunset but we have spent many times just relaxing and cuddling on the couch, watching a movie.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
    We would definitely love to travel to a different country, I want to go with him to Australia. We have also always talked about going bungee jumping but I don't know if I would actually go through with it.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
      We don't have any plans right now. I'll probably make him dinner since he will be at work all day.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
     I asked that he would be the spontaneous gift giver that he used to be!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
     Communication is huge and willing to do things for each other even when you don't really want to do them.
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.

2 comments:

Roxy said...

That's amazing that your gpa married you two. How special!

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

Mrs. Mama said...

We call each other baby cakes too! it's actually one of my favorite things that andrew calls me. BEAUTIFUL pictures. and i love how you remember what the FIRST thing he said to you!

Share