Friday, July 29, 2011

Routine, Routine


Yup, back to a routine.
When we brought Sadie home, I told my hubby that she WOULD be on a routine, well at least for the nightime.
And she was.
We did bathtime around 9pm, lotioned her up, put her in her pjs, nursed her and off to bed she went.
We had her sleeping through the night at 2 months!
I thought, "Ha, no sleepless nights for me, my baby already sleeps through the night!".
Yea well that didn't last long.
At about 4 months she started waking up in the middle of the night again and taking longer to go back to sleep.
Hello under eye bags!
Our little routine that we had started lasted for, oh maybe a month or a month and a half.
So I decided that it was time to start a routine back up and here is how it goes:
Sadie usually wakes up officially around 8 (after waking up at like 3am and then going back to sleep).
We make daddy his lunch for work and then play.
She has her oatmeal with fruit between 10 and 11.
I've been trying to get her to nap around 12 but lately it's been more like 2 or 3, if that.
She gets her veggies between 6 and 7.
Bathtime is between 7 and 8, then storytime, feeding and hopefully off to Dreamland.
What? You only feed her oatmeal, fruits and veggies? You might ask me.
Nope, she nurses about every 2 to 2 1/2 hours still.
Last night was the first night of our new bathtime routine and she woke up at 1am but then slept till 8.
I'm hoping with the new routine she'll sleep better.
If you have any ideas to help me out, let me know!
Texting her "dada".

No comments:

Share